Rhino NURBS Modelling for Windows
To be an effective designer today, you need tools to quickly develop your designs and accurately communicate them to everyone in the product research, development, marketing, and manufacturing or construction process.
- Industrial design
- Marine design
- Jewellery design
- CAD /CAM
- Rapid prototyping
- Reverse engineering
- Graphic design
Start with a sketch, drawing, physical model, scan data, or only an idea—Rhino provides the tools to accurately model and document your designs ready for rendering, animation, drafting, engineering, analysis, and manufacturing or construction.
- Rhino can create, edit, analyze, document, render, animate, and translate NURBS curves, surfaces, and solids with no limits on complexity, degree, or size. Rhino also supports polygon meshes and point clouds.
- Uninhibited free-form 3-D modelling. Tools like those found only in products costing 20 to 50 times more. Accurately model any shape you can imagine.
- Extreme precision. Design, prototype, engineer, analyze, document, and manufacture anything of any size no matter how small or how large.
- Unrestricted editing. Revise freely without concern about how you got there or where you want to go next.
- 2-D drafting, annotation, and illustration. In addition, flatten 3-D surfaces into 2-D patterns and drive laser, plasma, and water jet cutters.
- Large project organization. Work with both large models and large teams.
- Compatibility. Exchange files with your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- File read and repair. Fix extremely challenging IGES and mesh files.
- Direct connection. Support for wide variety of 3-D digitizing arms, 3-D scanners, and 3-D printers.
- Customization. Easy-to-use tools let both you and software developers make Rhino fit your special needs.
- Short learning curve. Focus on design and visualization without being distracted by the software.
- Speed. Even on an ordinary laptop computer Rhino is fast. No special hardware is required.
- Affordability. Ordinary hardware. Short learning curve. Priced like other Windows software. No maintenance fees. Worldwide support is included.
Most design is redesign or retrofit. With Rhino you capture what came before, no matter how large or small. Start with an accurate model. Don't guess
Rhino has inspection tools for comparing your CAD model to the manufactured parts.
Capture anything. Accurately
Rhino connects you directly to 3-D digitizers, allowing you to directly capture your existing models. Rhino has special commands for capturing 3-D points, sketching 3-D curves, and building 3-D surfaces directly from physical models.
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7|
|Graphics Card||Rhino V3 and V4 both make liberal use of the OpenGL graphics system within Windows. Most graphics cards on the market are designed for “game” usage and support the OpenGL system with varying degrees of success. Look for cards designed for “workstation gra|
|Notes||Pentium, Celeron, or higher processor Rhino 4.0 runs only on: o Windows 2000 o Windows XP Pro o Windows XP Home o Windows Vista* o Windows 7* including an Intel Mac with Bootcamp or Parallels. *Requires Rhino 4.0 Service Release 7 or above. • Rhino 4.0 will not run on: o Windows NT o Windows 95 o Windows 98 o Windows ME • Rhino 4.0 does run as a 32-bit application on Windows x64. Native Windows x64 is not supported and will not be until 5.0 which is currently in development. • Rhino 4.0 does not run natively on Mac OS X, but it is under development. • Rhino 4.0 does not run natively on Linux, or any other operating system not listed above.|